Big Idea: Audio Category
Read the guidelines and then check out examples of innovative audio/radio from some of our 2016 Mercury winners, below.
Big Idea: Audio Guidelines
- Enter work that presents a “Big Idea” through the use of audio that is forward-thinking, expands the boundaries of traditional uses of audio and advances the idea of how audio is heard and experienced.
- The work should be non-traditional, non-broadcast audio.
- Entries will be judged on the overall creative excellence and uniqueness of the audio.
- Examples of work you can submit: Podcasts; multimedia work with audio as a critical component; sound collages; music or non-verbal audio; subliminal audio messages; audio SFX; transmitters that deliver audio in non-traditional or unusual settings (e.g., billboards, outdoor signage, displays, etc.); transmitters or embedded audio that delivers Individual audio messages.
- Eligible work was transmitted or released in the 15 months between January 1, 2016 and April 30, 2017.
- Work was produced originally and solely for the U.S. market.
- Work can be English or Spanish. Spanish Language should be originally produced or primarily in Spanish. For Spanish Language, submit a side-by-side translation.
- Do not submit a generic show reel of an entire campaign. Customize the entry to showcase the audio elements. Entries that don’t showcase the audio elements may be returned and you may be asked to resubmit them.
- Entry length should be between 90 Seconds and two Minutes. Edit your work to an excerpt if you need to. Entries longer than two minutes May be returned and you may be asked to resubmit them in the correct length. (If your entry becomes a winner, we may choose to play an excerpt of up to one minute at the awards event.)
- Submit a 100-words or less description on why your work should win. You will be able to copy/paste this description in when you enter.
- Submit the work as one .wav or mp3 format, no slate, with one or two seconds between each piece of audio; or as one .mov or .mp4 file, 1280 x 720 Resolution, H.264 video codec. You will be directed to upload your file to our secure FTP site in the online entry.
Note: This is a showcase entry category; showcase categories are not eligible for Best of Show.
Agency: BBDO New York
Writers: Mac Rogers, Darina Khafizova (Junior Copywriter)
Producers: Joe Croson (Associate Director, Interactive Prod.), Eric Bloom (Interactive Producer)
Creative Directors: David Lubars (Chief Creative Officer, BBDO WW), Greg Hahn (Chief Creative Officer, BBDO New York), Michael Aimette (Executive Creative Director)
Tim Roan (Creative Director)n Levi Slavin (Creative Director), Rachel Moore (Junior Art Director)
Production Company: Panoply Media
Agency: Energy BBDO
Writers: Alejandro Juli, Agustin Ballerio
Producer: John Pratt
Creative Directors: Andrés Ordóñez, Pedro Pérez, Josh Gross, Jeff Cenna
Engineers: Nick Bozzone, David Kaplan
Production Company: Matufia
Agency: MullenLowe Signapore
Client: The National University Centre For Organ Transplantation
Writers: Guy Lewis, Andrew Ho
Producer: Jenna Lange
Creative Directors: Erick Rosa, Dominic Stallard
Engineers: Stephen Webster, Andy Smit
Production Company: The WorkRoom Audio Post