Who can enter the Radio Mercury Awards?
- U.S. agencies, production companies, radio stations/groups/networks, advertisers and students can enter. View 2017 entry categories to see if they’re eligible for you.
- International agencies, production companies, radio stations/groups/networks, advertisers can enter the International Radio or Audio category.
What are the prizes/awards?
$50,00 Best of Show plus $34,500 in additional prizes for stated award categories. Final round judges also have the discretion to give additional awards and prizes. Take a look here.
What’s the entry deadline?
Monday, April 3.
Where do I enter?
When you you announce finalists? Winners?
We’ll announce finalists in early May. Winners will be announced at the 2017 Radio Mercury Awards on Thursday, June 1.
How much does it cost to enter?
Fees vary by category; take a look here.
Where can I learn more about the entry categories?
How are the Radio Mercury Awards judged?
Here’s a good overview.
Is anything possible on radio?
A lot is possible. And that possibility could get you a Radio Mercury Award. Here’s a helpful video created by our chief judge, Mark Gross, to show you what we mean.
A few tips before you begin your entry:
Before you begin your entry, have the following information ready:
- Complete credits, including the people who produced the entry; e.g., writer(s), producer(s), talent, production company, etc. We will use these credits if your entry becomes a finalist; make sure the credits are complete and accurate before you finalize your entry.
- A 100-words or less description/synopsis, if required.
- The actual audio/video file for your entry.
- Payment information; e.g., credit card number, etc.
- Ensure that your entry was broadcast, digitally or on-air, transmitted or released between January 1, 2016 and April 30, 2017.
More useful information:
- The Best of Show Award will be selected from among the finalists in all other categories except Showcase categories.
- An entrant is limited to winning one Award per category per competition, without exception whether they are for different clients, etc.
- Entrants are eligible to win multiple awards in different categories, including Best of Show.
- Entrants are responsible for determining which parties receive credit on an entry. If two or more entrants submit the same spot, it will be the sole decision of the entrants to decide how any eventual cash prizes will be divided.
- The Radio Mercury Awards reserves the right, if necessary, to interpret judging scores and weigh factors relevant to the competition’s purpose of rewarding creative excellence, to ensure that a winner is selected in every award category. The decisions of judges during the judging process, and thereafter, the decisions of The Radio Mercury Awards, shall be final.
- Entries can be submitted in more than one category, provided they meet the eligibility requirements for that category. For example, you can enter a single spot category and include the same spot in a campaign category, or you can enter both a campaign and a spot from that campaign in the PSA and Spanish Language spot/campaign categories.
- We reserve the right to transfer an entry that was incorrectly submitted or to reject an entry that does not meet established category criteria.
- Entry fees are nonrefundable.
- Winners may be required to submit the name of party/parties who shall receive prize monies, and to submit all paperwork requested, including W-9 forms for any applicable parties, within 90 days of announcing the Winners, or the prize monies may be forfeited.
- We’ll announce finalists in early May.
- We’ll announce the winners at the 2017 Radio Mercury Awards event.