New York, NY – November 20, 2015 – The Radio Mercury Awards is pleased to announce the formation of its Advisory Council. As radio has evolved into a multiplatform digital medium, and with the introduction of additional award categories, the Radio Mercury Awards creative advisory council of leading industry professionals will help guide and plan for the years ahead.
This group is comprised of advertising creative directors and radio branding and production executives alike. By bringing this high caliber group of creative executives together, the council will advise on award categories and guidelines along with helping to grow awareness and participation among the agency and radio communities.
“As the Radio Mercury Awards celebrates its 25th Anniversary, we felt it was important to establish this council to help create a dialog between agency and radio creative minds to help lead and guide the Radio Mercury Awards into the next 25 years,” noted Erica Farber, president and CEO, Radio Advertising Bureau.
The Advisory Council is comprised of the following executives:
• Chris Smith, Brand Creative Group Head, The Richards Group – Chair
• Chris Beresford-Hill, Executive Creative Director, BBDO NY – Vice Chair
• Jill Applebaum, Creative Director, The Barbarian Group
• Barbara Goldman, Owner/Producer, BG Productions Inc.
• Mark Gross, EVP, Executive Creative Director, DDB Chicago
• Tony Mennuto, VP Branded Content, CBS Radio
• Dave Savage, Vice President Creative Services Group, iHeartMedia, Inc.
• Greg Solk, SVP Programming, Hubbard Radio
Award categories for the 2015 Radio Mercury Awards will be announced in December along with Call for Entry guidelines and deadlines.